Monday, August 08, 2005

Parineeta

Bollywood these days is experimenting with all sorts of techniques. One of them is trying to recreate magic of old work. After success of Devdas with Grand sets and wonderful music, now it's Parineeta. No this is not going to be another review of movie, but what made me come here is the music of the movie. Managed to watch movie last month and must say I liked and it was treated well with maintaining proper backdrop of '60s.

I heard this album first time when I was working on my thesis report at 3 am and it really moved me. I could feel the music deep within my soul. Only few albums/tracks have managed this. Again, today I am sitting in my office and it's 8-15 in the evening and it's time to leave, but after long time I have managed headphones and can't hold myself back from completing this whole sound track second time before I leave for home. (Anyway, I haven't got anything to do when I reach home ;-) )

Album starts with Piyu Bole by Sonu Nigam and Shreya Ghoshal. I feel this song is dear to more after I watched the movie, because the chemistry between Saif and Vidya Balan is very well depicted in the video and song seems natural and not forced in the movie. Kasto Mazza includes superb use of the sound of a chugging locomotive like some '60-'70 movie.

Soona Mann Ka Aangan is the paragon of the album. Sonu Nigam manages to fetch millions accolades from me for this one. He managed to put in all the dard required and wonderfully accompanied by my favourite new age singer Shreya Ghoshal.

Kaisi Paheli Zindgani by Sunidhi is on the lines of dil ko hazaar baar of Murder, but once again consistent with backdrop of the movie. Raat hamari toh is melodious solo by Chitra. Dhinak Dhinak Dha is nasty song and typical wedding song. OK types.

Album ends with title track, Sonu Nigam-Shreya Ghoshal duet Hui Main Parineeta. A romantic and sensual song to fit wedding of Shekhar and Lolita. Both Sonu Nigam and Shreya Ghoshal are going up and up in my favourite singers. Cheers for both of them.

PS:- You can listen songs on Raaga.com Here is the link.

6 comments:

Sujoo said...

Indeed a nice album :)

Kuldip Patel said...

The same thought came into my mind when I heard Kaisi Paheli Zindagaani...

Anonymous said...

nishit you have got all qualities of bocoming good writer...your language is simple and lucid.i think you should blog more.share your experiences at work.

Bhumi said...

yup its a nice movie, "piyu bole"...me got fascinated with just this song though :-)

Ujjaval said...

Yes, indeed its a nice album. Though I don't prefer to watch such movies. But I also admit that movie is also good. When I started watching it, I watched whole movie. Ho ho.. I thought it would be boring, women-oriented girly movie.. But its better.

Anonymous said...

yes parineeta has amazing songs. and i know some of the songs (such as Raat hamari toh and Piyu Bole) are based on one of the classical raags of hindustani music. do u by anychance know which raag are those songs based on? if so can u email me on takat_vali16@hotmail.com n let me know. i sort of have this bet going on with a friend and need to know if i am right. thanks