Thursday, November 17, 2005

It's 15th November...

Original plan was to call her up and tell her that she was lucky enough to share b'day with me and she could join me in my b'day celebrations. She could fly-in for a day or two and then get back to whatever she is doing right now, which is NOTHING!! Although overwhelmed, she denied and said she would rather celebrate it with family. ok. Have fun then!!! No points for guessing that it was indeed Sania Mirza.

Enough of sillyness!! but when it comes to birthdays, I am still like a 10 year old, who expects lots of gifts, lots of wishes, lots of phonecalls(otherwise how would you justify buying a prepaid in so hurry and sending out numbers all around) and lots of mails (well, that's all I get these days). Birthday bash started with Kicking & Screaming. To be specific, Madhav and Bharat were kicking and I was screaming. That's not fair. As soon as it struck 12, I started getting calls from multiple directions. Not only mine, but Uday's and Madhav's mobile also started ringing. I had to do multiplexing all the time, and between all these I got bumps, GPLs while I was still talking on the phone. The callers must be sympathized with me by my screaming, but our neighbour didn't. They started screaming even louder than I was. "shouting at midnight..","you are grown-ups, don't have enough sense not to shout so loud at night..","people are sleeping at this time of night.". I thought of replying, you are making more noise then we did, but was not in position to say that. Apologies did the job, but it helped me in a way and brought Bharat and Maddi to Sudden Death ;-) To my pleasure whole day phone kept ringing, messages kept pouring in. Happy enough!!

In the evening, went for dinner and then had ice-cream, but I still miss that IITKesque b'day celebrations with a big bunch of people, cake cutting-eating-decorating, CC snacks and all of it, but it was fun overall. Waiting for November 15, 2006 :-)

Link of the day : Birthday Paradox

5 comments:

Who Cares? said...

Had a nice time, eh? Great!
But when you post that senti suff (bdays at IITK..), it makes me stop and think that this is what I'll be going through this time next year and makes me feel so sad..

Anonymous said...

hey!
i like da way u put stuff in ya blog!!
keep up da good work!
aur pandit se milke hi aana!! :P

Bhumi said...

Many Many Happy Returns of the Day !! :) (belated)

post-b'day hangover still there hmmm.. :P

Sujoo said...

Belated Happy Birthay. Now you are also getting birthdya wishes on the blog. Look..it is continuing even after the 15th Novemeber. :P

So...happy again? :D

Enjoy Life!! said...

jungle jungle baat chali hai pata chala hai...
arre chaddi pahan ke "fool" khila hai "fool" khila hai

Hbday ;)